Worldview about smoking has changed dramatically during the last century. This practice was a time ever be considered cool, sexy, good for health, and is enjoyed by many people. It is even promoted by sportsmen and advertised on television. But today, smoking is considered a wicked addictive habits and can kill you and those around you. You won't find them advertised anywhere – you also won't see someone smoking inside public buildings. It seems that current smokers are considered the House of anti-social and often wry face if seen smoking outside in place of the crowd.
Below is a list of amazing facts about smoking :
1. Cigarettes are one item that most traded on this planet, with around 1 trillion bars cigarettes sold every year and the value of sales reached more than $400 billion, made cigarettes one of the largest industry in the world.
2. Nicotine content in some famous brand reported increased. Harvard University and the Department of Health of Massachusetts reveals that between 1997 and 2005 the amount of nicotine in cigarettes Camel, Newport, and Doral may have increased by as much as 11 percent.
3. In 1970, President Nixon signed legislation that puts warning labels on cigarettes and the ban on television advertising for cigarettes. Date Last advertising cigarettes that allowed appeared in the TV extended one day, from 31 December 1970 until 1 January 1971 to allow television networks earn cash provision deals from cigarette advertisements in the day of a football match the New Year.
4. Cigarette manufacturer UNITED STATES currently creates more sales to other countries in the whole world than sales in America itself.
5. American Marlboro brand, Kool, Camel, and Kent already have the market share around 70 percent of the global cigarette market.
6. Cigarettes contain arsenic, formaldehyde, lead, hydrogen cyanide, oxide nitrogen, carbon monoxide, ammonia and 43 types of known carcinogens.
7. At the beginning of the 1950s, brands cigarettes Kent using asbestos crocidolite as part of the filter, active carcinogens known.
8. Urea, chemical compounds that are the main components in the urine, used to add "taste" to cigarettes.
9. Cork Filter in 1925 created originally by a Hungary Boris Aivaz, which then propose the making process of cigarette filters from the paper keep. All filter types tested, and "cork filter" would become part of them.
10. In most countries around the world, the legal age to purchase tobacco products is currently 18 years, increased from the previous 16 years, while in Japan minimum age is 20 years.
11. Contrary to popular belief, that social is NOT illegal to smoke tobacco products at any age. Parents allow their children to smoke, and the kids are not in the rule of law when smoking. However, the sale of tobacco products is highly regulated by statute law.
12. The ban on smoking in many parts of the world has been used as a means to stop people smoking in front of the general public. As a result, many businesses have claimed a significant reduction in the number of people who went to pub, bar, and restaurant.
13. Scientists claim the average smoker will lose 14 years from their lives because of smoking. But this does not mean that smokers will die at a young age.
14. The U.S. region with the highest percentage of smokers is Kentucky (28,7%), Indiana (27.3%), and Tennessee (26.8%), while the region with at least smokers is Utah (11.5%), California (15.2%), and Connecticut (16.5%).
15. Cigarettes can contain more than 4,000 ingredients, when burned, can also produce more than 200 chemical compounds. Many of these compounds have been associated with damage to the lungs.
16. The United States is the only cigarette market in the world where the percentage of women who smoke (22%) approach the number of men that smoking (35%). Europe has the distance slightly more (46% men smoking rooms, 26 percent women smoking), while most other regions have little smokers women. Other Statistics: Africa (29% men smoking, 4 percent women smoking); Southeast Asia (44% men, 4 percent women), West Pacific (60% men, 8 percent women).
17. Nicotine reaches the brain within ten seconds after the smoke inhaled. Found also, in every part of the body and breast milk.
18. Sugar contents approach approximately 20 percent of cigarettes, and many patients with diabetes do not realize this secret sugar intake. Also, the effect of the burning of the sugar is not known.
19. Cigarettes "Lite" produced through the planting of CO2 on tobacco and heating them until the tobacco '"explode" as the foam that expands. Tobacco that bloom is then become the contents of the jar of paper which is also used on tobacco "regular".
20. Smokers cigarette "lite" and menthol cigarette stronger than usual; cause the same overall level of tar and nicotine consumed.
21. Cigarette "Lite" is produced with air holes around the filter with the aim of mixing air with smoke when in suction. Many smokers have learned to cover the hole with their fingers or lips to get a strong suction.
22. The immune system smokers must work harder every day compared to non-smokers. As a result, the blood of smokers will contain less antioxidant, although the immune system smokers may be more responsive to the virus attack because his nature is more active.
23. Smokers often smoking after eating for "improve digestion". But the fact of him, this happens because the priority of the body switch from the digestive system to protect the cells in the blood and remove the poison from the brain
24. Some people (most of the men) can be stimulated by the scenery of the (women) smoking. This is called "Smoking Fetish" and involve a small number of the population. Like most fetishes, reasons stimulated this usually can be traced back to incidents in the small. However, cigarettes - especially menthol, draw the blood from the penis if smoking when stimulated.
25. According to the World Health Organization, about 25% of cigarettes sold worldwide are the result of contraband.
26. Most smokers start this habit in the middle of teens, long before the age allowed to buy cigarettes, and this is seen as a justification for adulthood. Other justifications include wearing high heels, alcohol, drugs, and sexual intercourse; where this combination is sometimes the leading cause of pregnancy among adolescents.
27. Smoking tobacco is the most sought after opiate, as it can be obtained legally, consumed by a unique method, over alcohol (the effect is so great that the wearer does not need another stimulant anymore). Smokers who want to feel "high" (drunk) will find it difficult to get the sensation of cigarettes after first sucking it.
28. Smokers generally report effects after smoking; such as calmness, relaxation, alertness, stimulation, concentration and more. In fact, smoking will produce a different effect on each individual depending on "what they expect to get". Smokers will use those hopes as a means to continue their habits.
29. Some active ingredients and special production method involved to ensure that the nicotine in cigarettes is several times stronger than the tobacco plants.
30. “Topping” is added to the tobacco mix to add a unique flavor to each manufacturer. Some of these toppings have been included; cloves, licorice, citrus oil, apricot stones, lime oil, lavender oil, seed oil, cocoa, carrot oil, nutmeg oil, incense, beet juice, bay leaf, oak, rum, vanilla, and vinegar.